The policy will cover:1. What data we hold about you
2. How we obtain data about you
3. How the data we hold about you is used
4.Shared data5. Your rights
1. WHAT DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU.
We collect data from you when you purchase goods or services from NSI or when you enquire about our goods or services. The personal data we hold consists of:
- Identity (First Name and Surname)
- Business Name (If applicable)
- Billing Address (Inc Postcode)
- Ship To Address (Inc Postcode)
- Contact Telephone Number
- Contact Email Address
- Debit/Credit Card Details (when you make payments)
Without this information we would not be able to process your request.
2. HOW WE OBTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT YOU.
We obtain data from you when you:
- Make orders or enquiries through our mailorder telephone line or website.- When you visit or purchase from our cash and carry store or on our stand at trade shows.
- When you subscribe to one of our mailing lists.
- When you respond to a promotion ran by us or on our behalf through third party trade magazines or websites.
3. HOW THE DATA ABOUT YOU IS USED.
We use your data to process product orders, services or information requests. Payment details are only held for the length of time required to process your payment unless you specifically request payment details to be securely stored on your account. You may, from time to time, receive direct mail promotions from us. You can opt out of this by contacting us on 01617882860. A valid email address is required to have an active account with NSI. You will only be contacted with marketing emails or text messages if you have subscribed to one of our email mailing lists or our SMS mailing list. You can choose to unsubscribe from these mailing lists at any time by following the unsubscribe or opt out instuctions contained within the communication. You may from time to time receive important administration emails, for example if we noticed suspicious activity on your account or if there were changes to your account or terms and conditions that you needed to be aware of. If you request to close your NSI account we will remove all contact information from your account record but any invoice or credit history would remain accessable.
4. SHARED DATA.
The information we hold about you is only used by us, we do not share your information with any other business. If you opt-in to receive marketing texts or emails some of your data will be transfered to our accounts at the following third party websites:
5. YOUR RIGHTS.
Data protection legistration gives you a number of rights.
- Access: You have the right to make a request to be told what personal data we hold about you.
- Correction/Rectification: If you consider any data we hold about you is inaccurate you can tell us so that where appropriate this can be corrected. Where a mistake is made in data processing then you can ask to have it rectified.
- Removal: You have a right to ask us in certain circumstances to erase any data we hold about you, this is called the right to be forgotten.
- Objection: You can object to us processing your data. We must then stop processing your data unless we can establish a legitimate reason for continuing i.e: if you have an outstanding balance etc
- Restrictions: You can request to suspend processing of your personal data, this includes circumstances where you are contesting the accuracy of the data used.
- Withdrawal of consent: You consent allows us to legally use your data, you can withdraw consent at any time
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us.
Freephone: 0800 881 849
Post: NSI UK LTD, James Nasmyth Way, Eccles, Manchester M30 0SF