The 4 day Body Massage course is designed for an amateue to develop their skills. The course has been carefully constructed to provide you with the right mix of both practical skills and knowledge, which will enable you to progress in your career as a body therapist. The course is spilt into three days theory and practical, one week apart and then a fourth day of practical and written assessment up to two weeks later.
No experience or qualifications needed as full anatomy and Physiology is covered. Students must be dressed in salon wear with long hair tied back. No models required on day 1, 2, 3 as students will work on each other. Models will possibly be required on day 4 (to be confirmed).
- Anatomy and physiology of the areas
- Examination of area
- Massage benefits
- Skin structure
- Skin conditions and treatable conditions
- Disorders and diseases
- Client Consultation
- Contra-indications and Contra-actions
- Written permission from doctors
- Case studies
- Hygiene and sterillisation
- Physical effects & benefits
- Products & massage mediums
- Preparation of the client
- Preparation of the working area
- Practical application of Swedish body massage
- Full body massage treatment, booking & timings
- Insurance & awarding bodies
Body Massage Training manual, a comprehensive training kit. Upon successful complettion a certificate will be awarded. This course is NVQ level 3 equivalent.
This is a four day course which runs from:
Day 1, 2, 3: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Day 4: 9.30am - 1.30pm
WHERE DOES THE COURSE TAKE PLACE?
At the NSI training academy - NSI UK Ltd , Unit 4 James Nasmyth Way, Eccles, Manchester, M30 0SF